The little things that make me happy here on Bliss Road~~Emily Keaton

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Sweet Lamb Congratulations

We have been having the most awful heat this past week and have spent a lot of time hiding indoors in the air-conditioning. It's been too hot for the kids to play outside, and I know they've missed it. They were asking all week if we could go to a nearby park that we haven't visited in quite a while. It was supposed to be cooler today, so I took them to their requested park right after breakfast. We had it almost to ourselves for a while, and it was great to see them run and play after being cooped up for so long. Arriving early has its benefits; the park was nearly completely shaded and there was a light breeze. It felt so good to be outside without melting! I was able to sit on a bench in the shade--feeling the breeze, smelling the pine trees, and reading a magazine--while the kids had a ball. Heavenly!

For my creating fun yesterday, I had a go at combining several challenges in one card. One challenge was to make an aperture, or window, card. I also used the colors for the 100th Color Throwdown Challenge:
and the sketch from Limelight Papercrafts Challenge #51:

I had fun coming up with this card using a new lamb rubber stamp from Repeat Impressions and a previously unused double sunflower punch from EK Success. On the way to the park this morning, we swung by the post office and sent this card off to congratulate a friend whose first granddaughter was born earlier this week. I know she is on Cloud 9!

For the supplies used in this card project, please click here.

1 comment:

Benzi said...

Emily, this is sooooooo sweet. Ooh, I won't be home when this sweet card arrives as I see you have already mailed it. But, I'll be there later in the week. You know, I am just counting on it being mine, don't you? LOL