The little things that make me happy here on Bliss Road~~Emily Keaton

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Stampin' B's Snowflake Challenge

Welcome to Thursday!! Time for another Stampin' B's DT challenge. This week Joanne is our hostess, and her challenge to us is Snowflakes, Snowflakes, Snowflakes. Done and DONE!!
So my dusky evergreen scene is framed in snowflakes and matted on some shimmery, silvery snowflake DP from Pink Paislee. And I was SO thrilled to be able to add this luscious lilac baker's twine from The Twinery that I won in the Off the Wall Craftiness Challenge a few weeks ago. Plus, I used my brand-new Martha Stewart Nordic snowflake punch and SU jewelry tag punch for the first times (along with my new SU Tiny Tags stamp set, as well). It's so much fun to play with new toys! :)

I was able to incorporate a few other challenges into this 5" x 5" card:
I hope you've been inspired to play along with the Stampin' B's!! If you do make a card, post it on your blog or SCS gallery, and link it up to the Inlinkz tool on the Stampin' B's blog. We'd love to see what you create!! :)

Thanks so much for checking out my creation for today!

Card Recipe:
Stamps: Mark's Finest Papers A Walk in the Woods, SU Tiny Tags, SU Christmas Punch
Paper: SU whisper white CS, The Paper Company CS, Pink Paislee Tinsel Town Collection DP
Ink: Palette inks: violette, lavender sachet, charcoal
Accessories: CM circle cutting system, MS Nordic snowflake punch, SU boho blossoms punch, SU jewelry tag punch, sponges, dimensionals, rhinestones, pearls, baker's twine
Techniques: sponging, punches

25 comments:

Marisa said...

A wonderful, winter wonderland and a fun mix of colours :)

Fiona said...

so pretty..love those snowflakes. Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week.

Fi

Benzi said...

Emily, you have really made an outstanding card! OMG, it is just gorgeous in the violets and lavenders. How pretty the trees look. And, I love all those snowflakes. What a wonderful sketch you chose for this beauty! I give you a 10 out of 10 on this one.

Joanne (jojot) said...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the colors of your trees.....totally awesome....love how you framed the scene with the snowflakes....fab cutwork...fab design....

Unknown said...

What a beautiful card. It is Gorgeous.

Hugs, Linda

Viola Mahr said...

wow, that is a beautiful snowflake card! It's amazing that I just did a post on snowflakes too and here I am hopping around and everyone seems to be in the mood for snow! I feel silly now cos you all live in snowy worlds and I have NEVER seen real snow in my whole life! Lol! Thank you for sharing your pretty card. I'm so glad I found your blog!

hugs,
Viola

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, Emily!! I love the baker's twine, I have a variety too, and keep forgetting about it!
smiles,Deena

Colleen Dietrich said...

So beautiful! Love those dusky colored trees and the sketch you used. Our cards are right next to one another's over at Cupcake Creations! It's so nice to sit with a friend. :)

Vicki Dutcher said...

Love the choice of colors - beautiful card!! Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends!

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

OMG!!!!! What a gorgeous card, Emily. I LOVE the beautiful colors and design! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE! :)

Unknown said...

This is beyond gorgeous!

Dawn B. said...

Wowzers...I would have never thought to stamp those trees like that.. This is awesome..LOVE it.

Mona Pendleton said...

Oh my Emily! What a gorgeous Winter Wonderland! I love those beautiful trees and snowflakes! Thanks for playing along with the CR84FN challenge :)

redwasher1 said...

Love the different colored trees makes for a gorgeous card!!!
Thanks for sharing it with us at Speedy's Friends.

Becky said...

This is beautiful, love the different shades of color. Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends!

Carol Hurlock said...

Oh Emzi this is spectacular. I love love love this beautiful card. Do you mind very much if I hijack your idea with the snowflakes...that is so cool looking and adds to the beauty of this awesome scene. Thank you so much for keeping me inspired. I love your work girlfriend!!!

Bear Hugs,
Carol :O}

Gloria Stengel said...

Oh wow! This is stunning! So creative and such pretty colors! Thanks for playing with us at Paper Sundaes this week!

Meg said...

Fabulous! I like what you did with that purple color scheme, and you know me and purple do not usually get along! And I LOVE that lilac twine! And all those snowflakes look great!

Lea L. said...

This is so pretty! I love the stamped trees and the colors you used...so whimsical and sweet! Great job with CPS 193! ♥♥♥

Kristii said...

absolutely beautiful!!!!! I totally the love colors you chose for this card and the trees are gorgeous!!!

Alica said...

Amazing! Love the color combo and the snowflakes are perfection!
Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week!

Anonymous said...

Stunning work, Emily. I love the colour combination and the snowflakes, and the stamped trees are positioned so beautifully!

Stacy Morgan said...

This is cute.. I love the colors and all the snowflakes!

Silke Ledlow said...

Emily, WOW what an awesome design!!! This is one gorgeous holiday creation!!! You rocked Mona's colors!!! Thank you for making another card FTTC card....hugs ~S~

Anita said...

Wow, this is stunning Emily! I love the colors you used and the window of snowflakes is just beautiful.