The little things that make me happy here on Bliss Road~~Emily Keaton

Monday, February 14, 2011

Heart Day, Subscription News + Flashback Friday


Happy Valentine's Day!


I hope you've had a fantastic Heart Day with those you love! We keep things pretty low key for Valentine's Day here, preferring to stick close to home; however, we did celebrate with a highbrow, home-cooked, eat-in supper tonight. This was the menu for our "feast of love:"

Sweet bourbon marinated steak tips
Ginger-glazed baby carrots
Baby spinach and baby romaine tossed salad
Fresh Anjou pears
Heart-sprinkled dark chocolate brownies

My 8YO son helped me make the brownies after school today and was thrilled to be involved. Of course, licking the spoon was definitely the highlight for him! Everyone--even the kids!--loved the steak tips, the specialty of a local butcher shop. Pricey, but worth it for a once-in-a-while treat. :)

After supper, the four of us exchanged Valentines, and I had some chocolaty treats for DH, DD, and DS, which they all loved. All weekend I have been enjoying a lovely bouquet of flowers that my dear hubby brought home for me on Friday. And don't tell, but I'm thinking that perhaps tomorrow I'll sneak out in search of a little half-price post-Valentine's Day chocolate decadence to squirrel away for myself!

In other news, over the weekend I set up a subscription to FeedBurner, so if you would prefer to subscribe to My Little Slice of Bliss posts via email, that option is now available. You'll find a "Subscribe via email" block on my right-hand side bar just under "Followers." Just type in your email address and you will be on your way to subscribing!!

Finally, I wanted to play along with Flashback Friday 8.0. The latest challenge is to post/re-post your very first 3D project. How fun! And here we have mine:
I made these little note card totes filled with matching 3" x 6" notes to give as end-of-year gifts for scout leaders, gymnastics coaches, and teachers' aides and uploaded them to my Splitcoaststampers Gallery on June 6, 2009--13 months before I started my blog! I was keen to use my newly acquired Crop-A-Dile to attach the satin ribbon handles to the totes with eyelets, and that SU scallop punch was my one and only border punch. Wow, how my punch collection has grown since then. :)

That's it from me for today. I'd love to hear about how your Valentine's Day went. If you'd like to share any of your Heart Day doings, please leave me a comment!!

Well, thanks for stopping by and sharing my little slice of bliss for today. Hope to see you again soon!

11 comments:

Marisa said...

Sounds like a delicious menu :) What a wonderful tradition you have. The gift packs are adorable too :)

~amy~ said...

What a-dorable note card totes!!! I love it and I'm sure everyone that received one did too!! Matching note cards and tag...perfect! I love seeing people's packaging for their cards because I'm so lazy and just put them in clear boxes...thanks for the inspiration!

Sounds like a DELISH meal! We went out to our favorite Chinese Restaurant last night...everything else was already booked up!

Pam said...

Love these little card boxes with ribbon handles! Makes a great gift!!
Supper sounded really good!! I am not a good cook at all. Only the basics for me!!
Pam

Benzi said...

Emily, what a wonderful flashback. You're so good with notes AND totes. One punch back then, huh? How could you have ever made it into our 'punchie' group like that? LOL
Just the same, your project was great!

Michele Gross said...

How CUTE!! Love this idea and such darling sets!!
Hey girl, your Valentine's day is about to get even sweeter on the day after! Check out DeNami's recent blog post...I saw your name!!! :D

Unknown said...

Well that Valentine meal sounds yummy. Sound like you had a perfect Valentines day!!
Your little totes are such a cute idea.. You are so clever..

Hugs,Linda

Susan said...

those are super cute, Emily...I like the ribbon handles and just look at you now, girl...how far you've come in the blogging world!

Dawn B. said...

What a fun challenge.. I LOVE this idea.. I wouldn't even want to see my first 3D project..Ick.. Haha..

Bonnie said...

Love these little bags! I'm going to have to try them! Your last post is such a sweet card! Love the ribbon rose!

Karin Ã…kesdotter said...

These bags are sooo CUTE!! I love them!!
Such a great gift idea! Thank you so much for playing along/ Karin

Ravengirl said...

Those are cute little totes and I'll bet they were very much appreciated!