The little things that make me happy here on Bliss Road~~Emily Keaton

Thursday, March 17, 2011

StampinB Spring-Colored Thanks

Another Thursday brings another Stampin' B's DT Challenge!! I am honored to be the challenge hostess this week. My challenge is to create a thank you card using spring colors--the added twist is that one of the colors must be PINK. Let's meet today's card:
Daffodils have a special place in my heart because they are my birthday flower! This gorgeous daffy image is from Flourishes, and I had the best time using my favorite coloring technique: watercolor painting with inks. Yay! That's always so enjoyable. I thought that a pink, yellow, and celery color scheme would be just right for this spring thank you note. The yellow and pink ledger paper DP in the background is from Pink Paislee's Sweetness collection. The yellow lace is vintage stuff from the sewing box I inherited from my Gramma.

I incorporated several additional challenges into this card:
I hope you've been inspired to play along with the Stampin' B's!! If you do make a card, post it on your blog or SCS gallery, and link it up to the Inlinkz tool on the Stampin' B's blog. We'd love to see what you create!! :)

Thanks so much for stopping by to check out my little slice of bliss for today!

Card Recipe:
Stamps: Flourishes A Year in Flowers, Calendar Set #1
Paper: SU regal rose CS, SU certainly celery CS, Pink Paislee Sweetness DP, Canson watercolor paper

Ink: Palette noir black, various inks for watercoloring
Accessories: EK 2.25" circle punch, MS topiary border and corner punches, SU scallop trim border punch, SU jewelry tag punch, watercolor brush, foam tape, vintage lace, buttons from my stash, embroidery floss, Sandylion butterfly sticker
Techniques: watercolor painting

20 comments:

Marisa said...

Loving your medallion and little Thanks tag off of it. Great daffodils too :) Lovely card.

Mona Pendleton said...

Pretty card Emily! Love that ornate decoration and those darling Daffodils!

Pam said...

Very pretty Emily! Love the daffodil stamp! And also the MS punch, haven't seen that one!
Pam

Benzi said...

Very Spring-like, Emily! You've colored those daffodils so pretty! I really like the ledger dp in the bg, too. That lace must be very special coming from Gramma's box.
Thanks for the wonderful challenge this week..just in time for the nice weekend weather coming to my neighborhood.

Rachel B said...

Your colors and image are so beautiful! I love the buttons in the corners of the medallion. Thanks for playing along with Clear It Out.

Unknown said...

I alway get so inspired when I pop in here.. Your card is beautiful. What a great challenge. Happy St. Patties day to ya!!!

Hugs, Linda

Unknown said...

oh this is adorable, what a great card.
Thanks for playing with clear it OUt

Cindy Haffner said...

Your card is GORGEOUS!!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Yep, I like daffodils too! Birthday flower and one of the first to show up after winter....definitely a good thing. :) Your watercoloring looks so pretty, and LOVE that PATP medallion. It's gorgeous! Your grandma's lace added the perfect touch. Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Beautiful design, Emily! Thanks for joining us for Timeless Tuesday!

Anita said...

A beautiful card Emily. The flowers are gorgeous and I love your layout. Looks so "springy".

Vicki Dutcher said...

Very pretty Spring card! Great challenge

Stacy Morgan said...

So springy and pretty! I like the button use and your framing Emily. Very pretty.

Joanne (jojot) said...

How sweet is this....and bouquets of daffies are surely a lovely part of the springtime....great challenge, Em

ChristineCreations said...

How sweet and full of spring Emily! So pretty. Great diecut and layout too!

Bonnie said...

I love your pink and yellow! Beautiful daffodils!

Leslie Miller said...

Hi, Emily! It's been a busy week...sorry I didn't get here sooner. What a lovely card! I find the pink and yellow a very refreshing color combo. I especially love the yellow lace on the pink border. Very nice! Thanks so much for playing with us at Flourishes!

AB. said...

So pretty!! :)

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

SO beautiful, Em! I love the bright yellow, and pink together! :)

Lauren said...

Beautiful! Thanks for joining our lace challenge at Tuesday Throwdown!

Lauren