The little things that make me happy here on Bliss Road~~Emily Keaton

Monday, September 5, 2011

Happy News and a Farmyard HI!

(I apologize for the delay in getting this post posted. We've been having extreme connectivity issues in the past 24 hours. I think we finally have it solved, though!)

I have been having the hardest time keeping a secret for the past six weeks: I am September's Guest Designer for DeNami Design!! I've had theeeeeeee best time with DeNami rubber stamps ever since I first discovered them last spring. So many cute and sophisticated images. And now I get play with DeNami stamps all month long as a bona fide GD?? Too sweet!!! A huge thanks goes to Paulina at DeNami Design for giving me this opportunity. :D

Paulina first contacted me about joining the design team as the September guest designer back in July, just two weeks before we left on our 31-day summer vacation (a roadtrip of nearly 9000 miles--you can read more about it here). I eagerly gave her an enthusiastic YES and was so relieved that she gave me all of the details of my September DeNami creation assignments so far in advance. My first assignment was for the September Theme Challenge: Animals, debuting today, and my creation was due to Paulina by August 29. I had just enough time before we left on vacation to make my animals card, but figured since we were due to return on August 28, I'd have plenty of time to email my photo off to Paulina when we returned.

WRONG!! A little thing called Hurricane Irene intervened, and we had to extend our journey by an extra day to avoid traveling the last leg of our trip through a tropical storm. On August 29, we drove home through storm-ravaged New York state. The weather was beautiful, but a 40-mile stretch of the New York Thruway was closed due to flooding, and we had our work cut out for us. The detour around this stretch took us 6.5 hours. It was torture!! Traffic was bumper to bumper on two-lane country roads. There were no facilities to be found. By the time we reached home that night, it was far too late to email my card off to Paulina. Even though it was late, she graciously accepted it from me the following morning. Whew!

So, without further ado, here then is my sample card for DeNami Theme Challenge #7: Animals:

I created this card using these DeNami stamps:

The path to the barn was clipped freehand from a piece of fine sandpaper I picked up in a sandpaper variety pack for $1 at our local Dollar Tree store. I stamped all four animals onto watercolor paper and used dye inks to watercolor paint them.

This DeNami Animals challenge runs through Sunday, September 25. To play along, just use at least one DeNami Design rubber stamp to create any card or project featuring animals! Then link it up to the challenge post HERE. If you play along, you'll be in the running to featured in the "Fabulous Three Spotlight," and the top winner will receive a $20 gift certificate to DeNami Design!!

Thanks so much for dropping by to check out my little slice of bliss today. See you again soon!
Emily

Card Recipe:
Stamps: DeNami Design: Farm Animals stamp set, Everyday Greetings, stamp set, Barn
Paper: Cardstock from DeNami Design; all patterned paper from Provo Craft, Canson watercolor paper

Ink: Versamark, Versafine onyx
Accessories: SU scallop trim border punch, EK picket fence border punch, SU 0.75" circle punch, EK 1" scalloped circle punch, white embossing powder, heat tool, dimensionals, embroidery floss, paintbrush, sandpaper
Techniques:
embossing, watercolor painting, hand stitching

20 comments:

Tenia Nelson said...

So so so love this card!!! Congrats on the GD gig too!!! Hope all is well..

Crafty Math Chick said...

Adorable! I love the little fence - doesn't DeNami have the cutest animal images? Happy Labor Day Emily!
~Meredith

Debbie Carriere said...

Emily, this is absolutely adorable!!! Love your scene and the sun is too cute (as is the rest :)). Congrats on your Guest DT spot!!! Happy Labor Day!

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

This is too cute, Em! Congrats on your GDT spot! They are lucky to have ya! :)

Joanne (jojot) said...

well...congrats to you....and I am loving this sweet little barnyard scene...fabbo

Lynn McAuley said...

Congratulations, Emily!! DeNami is so lucky to have your and your amazing talent on their team!!

I love this barnyard design!! Those animals are so cute!!!

Colleen Dietrich said...

That's fabulous news, Emzi! I guess you were in a bit of a panic, getting home late and not being able to meet this deadline. It is a darned cute card, and I love the scene you created. So glad to have you back!!

Benzi said...

Oh, the best laid plans........you know the rest. Ha
Your barnyard card is adorable, Emily. I see a little sheep in there...of course, there had to be, right? LOL
Congrats on your GDT position. I'm sure you'll have lots of fun.

~amy~ said...

awwwwww....super cute Emily and a big congrats!!!

Mona Pendleton said...

HUGE Congrats Emily on your Guest DT spot! So well deserved! This card is darling! Lovin' all the cute barnyard animals!

Carol Hurlock said...

Congratulations on the Guest DT spot Emzi. This little card is adorable. I love the little farm animals and barn. Just so darn cute. Have a great day.

Bear Hugs,
Carol

Pam said...

Congrats on your GDT spot! Love the barnyard scene card, too cute!!
Pam

Unknown said...

This is such an adorable card.. Soooo cute.. Congrats on your DT spot.. How exciting..

Hugs, Linda

Anita said...

Emily, this is adorable. I love the pathway and that little fence is so cute. A fabulous card and DeNami is so lucky to have you as a guest!

Unknown said...

This is ADORABLE. So cute I think it could be framed! You really did a fantastic job on the animal challenge. OH, and that red barn, fence, and sun are out of this world!!

Jessi Fogan said...

*love* this little scene! The sandpaper is SUCH a clever touch, and the sun....mwah. And the little fence! It just gave me a big smile. And on top of that, congrats on the guest DT spot! I think having an opportunity to promote a company pretty much because you love them is awesome.
And thanks for your sweet supportive comment, Emily. Today was not great, but better than expected!

Unknown said...

Congrats on being a Denami's September Guest Designer!
Super CUTE card!!

Lisa Petrella said...

ADORABLE card, Emily!!! Such a super fun scene and I LOVE those sweet little farm animals!!! So happy to have you as our Guest Designer this month!!!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Darling card- how fun to guest design for DeNami Designs- I love their images!

Lisa Elton said...

Hi Emily! Congrats on your guest DT spot and thanks for such a super sweet card. Love this adorable little farm scene you've given us! Have a great weekend :)