The little things that make me happy here on Bliss Road~~Emily Keaton

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

A Sunshiny Birthday Card

Greetings! It's a gloomy, rainy, and cold day here so I thought I'd share a sunshiny card to help brighten things up.


This is for the Progressive Challenge over at Flourishes. The idea is to use the sketch, a monochromatic color scheme, patterned paper, and/or some sparkle in any or all combinations in order to play along.


I definitely did all four. (Sketch? Check! Plus, I've got my yellow/gold monochromatic scheme, my patterned paper is from the Handmade collection by Lily Bee Design, and I've got sparkle in the form of glittery gold Stickles and sunshiny yellow rhinestones.)

I used three different Flourishes stamp sets to make this sunny birthday card:
Spring Botanicals

See that beautiful crocheted mat? That was handmade for me by my sweet friend Jessi. I just LOVE how it looks on this card--so elegant!! Thanks, Jessi!!!

I've got dinner bubbling in the crockpot, making the whole house smell delicious! I'm so glad that we don't have any after-school running around to do today. With the rain and cold out there, it's a good day to be inside for the rest of the day.

Thanks for dropping by!
Emily

16 comments:

Bonnie said...

I think our weather is just like yours, Emily! Thanks for the sunshine! I've really enjoyed it!

Lisa Elton said...

It's cold and gray here too, no rain though. Your sunshiny card does help to brighten the afternoon Emily! And wow what a great friend to send you this beautiful crocheted doily!!!

ChristineCreations said...

Oh wow, that crocheted edge is just gorgeous! What a lovely and cheerful card Emily! Awesome work! Thanks so much for playing along with us at FLourishes this month!

Silke Ledlow said...

Fabulous! So happy and bright Emily! Perfect take on the progressive challenge! Thank you so much for joining in the fun :) !!! Hugs ~S~

Benzi said...

That's what I call a card full of beautiful sunshine. It will make someone's day very happy to receive this card. Love the crochet trim.

yyam said...

Goodness Emily! This is sooooooo pretty! Love the sunshiny yellow! :)

Annette Allen said...

wow totally gorgeous..love all the yellow and your stitching is awesome..

Pam said...

Totally a happy card! Love the yellows and the pretty crocheted trim! I should try that! I'm making myself a crocheted hat right now, so I may play with the leftovers on my papercrafts!!! :)

Karen B. said...

It was gloomy and cold here in Wisconsin too, and your card sure is chipper! Love the yellow, love your design, and love the circle element. I sure am happier looking at it!

Marisa said...

Fabulous monochromatic card, Emily. Just love the yellow - brings sunshine into your day :) That crocheted border is amazing!!

Jessi Fogan said...

Emily, it's GORGEOUS! I love the smidge of white border showing around the stamped layer - adds such a classy polished feel! And yellow is just such a cheerful colour :) So glad to see you using & not hoarding these!

~amy~ said...

gorgeous work Emily....your card is simply perfect!

Stacy Morgan said...

Cheerful is right, this is darling! Love the vibrant yellow and your friend Jessie is fabulous for making that for you. Beautiful card Emily. Thanks for playing in Flourishes Progressive challenge this week.

Colleen Dietrich said...

Oh, wow! Lemony, sunshiney goodness here! Love, love, love the monochromatic look, and your friend's crocheted mat is absolutely beautiful, the piece de resistance.

Cindy Haffner said...

Emilly so so PRETTY!!~

Auntie Em said...

Love it!!! So much pretty stuff going on without looking overdone! You are so talented!!!