The little things that make me happy here on Bliss Road~~Emily Keaton

Monday, February 11, 2013

I'm Nuts for You


Hey there, everybody! We survived the blizzard :). It was hard to tell exactly how much snow we got in all, what with all the blowing and drifting. We tried to take some snow depth measurements and ended up taking an average. Our best guess is that we received about 18 inches of snow in our town. Boston, just 15 miles to our south, received 24.9 inches of snow. So, who knows? We'll get the official scoop in our hometown weekly newspaper on Thursday.

I took a whole stack of Valentines to be mailed at the post office today, and this was one of them. I made it for my aunt and uncle. My uncle had a long career as a shop teacher before he retired--I think they will get a kick out of this ;). Huge thanks to my sweet hubby for supplying me with some nuts from his garage stash! The letter stamps are from Alphabetically Adorable by Unity, and the patterned paper is a digital print from the Echo Park Paper Hybrid Note to Self collection. Those are some big letters, so this card measures 5" x 7".

I'm playing along with a few challenges:

Thanks for stopping by! I'll be back tomorrow with the winner of my blog candy.

Emily

22 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

This is FUN FUN FUN Emily, they will get a kick out of it! My hubby is an industrial mechanic, this inspires me to root through the garage and make him something specail too! Thanks for the great idea!

So happy you came through the blizzard. We don't have snow but holy cow has it been windy today. And the temp is dropping brrrr!

~amy~ said...

Oh Emily, this is wonderfully creative!!!!!

Sylvia said...

Wonderful, fun card, Emily! so happy you played with us again this week at the Papercraft Star.

Annette Allen said...

wow what a cool card...

Marisa said...

Love the bolts - so perfect for a shop teacher!! Great card! Glad you survived the blizzard and hopefully the snow will melt sooner than later!

Glenda J said...

This is so fun! Absolutely love it! Love the colour & the nuts. The grid paper is perfect!

Tracey McNeely said...

Absolutely cute card Emily!

Jessi Fogan said...

This is so fun & SO STINKIN' CLEVER! I love it! Super fun font :)
WOOT! on surviving the blizzard :)

Pam said...

So cute and fun Emily!! Great use of those alpha stamps, which reminds me, I haven't used mine for awhile! :) So glad to hear the storm wasn't too hard on you!! Still 15 inches is a lot of snow!! We got the same amount back in 08'. Was on the ground for awhile!!!

Benzi said...

Oh, you're such a smart one to think of using those nuts. Just the most fun valentine card. I bet it will give them a huge smile.

Glad you survived the snow. That is quite a bit. I'm sure it was very pretty.

fairyrocks said...

Emily, I have been watching that snow coverage with a kind of horror fascination thing going on. Glad you and yours are safe and warm.
Thanks for Playing in Paradise with us.

Bonnie said...

This is a perfect card for a guy who loves to tinker with tools! Glad you made it through the blizzard OK. My brother lives in Ayer, which I think is very close to you. He said they got 20" but it was a light dry snow and easy to shovel. Good news since the snowblower died!

Marlena M. said...

This is SO CREATIVE Emily! I love that you raided your husband's stash~this is awesome.

Colleen Dietrich said...

Ever so clever, Miss Emily! I think the font of the sentiment goes well with those nuts, too.

Jingle said...

This is very cute!

Mandy said...

Fabulous card Emily, so cute, I'm sure your Aunt and Uncle will love it.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp
hugs Mandy xx

Shelly Schmidt said...

This is darling! I love the fun NUTS- hehehe! Glad you survived the snow- wish we would get more..... My brother lives No of Boston too- he posted some fun pic's of his son standing on a huge pile of snow from his driveway. It was almost to the basketball hoop!

Darnell said...

This is the epitome of a personal and imaginative Valentine, Emily! Your aunt and uncle will treasure it! Fabulous idea for a guy card, so TFS!!

So glad to hear you didn't suffer any ill affects from the Big Snow!!

Notes by Nina said...

What a super fun card Emily, this is so cute. Thank you for Playing in Paradise with us this week.

Sue Lelli said...

CLEVER and probably weighs a ton but so worth it! GREAT card! GREAT stitching! LOVE it, Emily!

Dawn said...

Your card is brilliant! I love it!! Thanks so much for Playing in Paradise this week. I hope you'll join in again soon.

Hugs, Dawn

Melinda Gleissner said...

Love this one! Your designs are always so creative.